Yes, it’s true that hyperlocal advertising is the way forward and offers a cost-effective solution for today’s progressive marketers. However, as with any strategic campaign, it’s all about planning and not leaving it to chance. Whether you’re working on a shoestring budget or have a healthy cash flow, to dedicate valuable time and resources on any marketing initiative needs ample preparation.
If you’re looking to employ this tactic, there are some simple guidelines you should consider and these are equally applicable for a DIY effort or if you prefer to retain an agency. By including these factors in your campaign development and implementation will increase your chances of success, and help deliver that all important ROI on your marketing dollars.
Let’s consider the individual merits of each:
- Establish your goals: Clearly identify your success metrics and what you are looking to achieve from this campaign. Depending on where your organization is in its lifecycle (launch, growth, maturity etc.), your requirements could be totally different. For example, as a new entrant to the marketplace, branding could be your #1 priority to make your presence known to both your audience and competition; however as a mature operation, a successful campaign would bring new traffic to your store to boost your current customer-base. Consider what is most important to build a stable foundation and take your company to its next stage of development.
- Get creative: What is the hook that will get your audience’s attention? Is location your best selling point or proximity to a well-known landmark? Maybe there’s a significant, local event coming up and that timing would offer the opportunity to maximize your campaign uptake? You need to make your voice loud enough to rise above the competition and offer a much-needed and pleasant distraction to your target audience.
- Know your audience: Get inside your client’s mind and try to understand what is motivating them to seek your services. If you were looking for a similar service, what words do you think would trigger an online search? Imagine someone is in the market for some new running shoes, their keyword searches might include “distance running sneakers”, “stability shoes”, “outdoor running shoes” or “off-road running”. Try to think of every possible combination that could be used to present your facility as the ideal solution to their needs. Step outside the box, even if it feels uncomfortable, and you might get a very pleasant surprise!
- Conduct A/B testing: Marketing demands creativity and no two situations are likely to produce the same results with the same campaign efforts. Think about having a control group who are offered a consistent offer, and gauging this response against another group where the offers are varied. Your tactics could include BOGOHO (Buy one get one half off), discount off your second visit, Refer-a- friend program or a loyalty program. There is no “one hat fits all” approach so try and figure out the best solution to attract and entice your audience.
- Monitor, test and iterate: There is no magic formula when it comes to achieving a successful marketing campaign. The best advice is to keep your eyes on the prize and your finger on the pulse of the campaign. Once the campaign has been developed and activated, stay close to it and check its progress regularly. If the response is lower than expected, try a different tactic and see if that’s generates better results. Are you targeting the wrong keywords, is the competition offering a very similar proposition, is there a new market entrant with a stronger offer? Success demands hard work and is not achieved by chance. Keep working at your campaign and modify your activities until you find the perfect combination.
Now these tips may sound simple enough, but ultimately finding a strategic partner to develop, build and implement your hyperlocal campaign could provide the answer to your prayers. As a business owner, your expertise may extend to your product, location and audience, but marketing is not your forte.
Leave it to the professionals at Agogo Interactive to deliver an actionable campaign that meets your business objectives and can make a positive impact to your bottom line. Don’t leave your success to chance, put your faith in our expertise and together we can achieve greatness!